I’m Brom Sulaiman, currently a web designer/developer and Development Director at the Leadership Hub. My passion outside of the internet industry lies in fitness and health. This blog is dedicated to my autodidact musings on the overly complex world of nutrition and physical training.
Why health and fitness?
I believe that many of the health issues experienced in the modern world can and should be dealt with on an individual basis. That the responsibility of personal health and fitness (unless dictated by external sources) lies with the individual. That it’s up to us, as individuals, to seek out and implement the knowledge that will make our lives better. We cannot rely on large organisations (government, pharma) to have all the answers in the field of health, nutrition and physical training, as it’s obvious they don’t.
I have a passion in this field for a number of reasons:
- I’m a web designer. I spend a lot of time sitting.
- I was born and raised in the western world, so have easy access to commercial, junk, nutrient depleted food.
- I have a wife and two children.
- The incurable, hereditary brain disorder, Huntington’s Disease, runs in my family (I’m 50% at risk).
- I like to look and feel good about myself.
- I want to be a bit better than I was yesterday – at something.
- I like to read non-fiction, instructional, informative books on everything from physical training and nutrition to business based literature.